Each Babies On The MOVE class reviews infant development and provides hands on teaching for developmental positions with opportunities for parent practice. The casual and comfortable environment encourages parent and child interaction while learning from expert pediatric physical therapists in a social setting. Classes are customized to the needs of the parents and the developmental stage of the infants attending.
mini and master movers classes
@ open arts studio
Babies change so much from month to month. These monthly age-based classes cover a variety of positions and skills to meet your baby where they are in their development. You will learn tips to help your baby progress in all of the skills she is currently working on. Check out our calendar to see upcoming dates.
MINI MOVERS: 0 - 6 MONTHS
Focus on developmental positions which are the foundation for early movement.
- Tummy time
- Back play
- Side lying
- Supported sitting
- Early standing
master movers: 7 Months - First Steps
Focus on transitional movements, mobility, balance, and coordination.
- Variety of sitting positions
- Creeping and crawling
- Moving between positions
- Standing, cruising, and walking
- Balance and coordination activities
What will i learn in a class?
- Play time infant equipment recommendations
- Tips to help your baby meet the next motor milestone
- Fun ways to challenge your baby as they move
- Activities to improve coordination and balance
- Tips to make tummy time enjoyable for everyone
- Positioning baby during daily routines and activities
- The importance of symmetry with movement
- Carrying positions to help your baby improve strength
Classes are taught at:
Open Arts Studio, 1222 Copeland Oaks Drive, Morrisville, North Carolina
Photos courtesy of Katie Jennings Photography